Learning to budget but have NO maths skills




Hey readers 


So at the moment, I am learning how to budget however there is one tiny problem just one little one I have always struggled with maths the subject and I have never really been on the same planet let alone the same page. It is a really important skill to have to be an adult you need to learn how to be able to save, you need a job to be able to earn money to save so then you can buy nice things am I right. 

I have no understanding of maths, I did it for my HSC (general maths) My teacher was a saint...just saying, and to everyone including me shock and horror I passed my HSC general maths exam by the skin of my teeth. 

Also, I should mention that my mum is very smart with numbers she understands maths, one of my best friends did high skilled maths and science in Uni, some of my cousins are really good at maths they are either engineers or just smart with maths and my Uncle is an accountant. 

The gene skipped me it's my only explanation On paper I should be highly intelligent and understand at least a few maths concepts but to me, I have no idea how to read analogue time or 24 hour time, time sheets are tougher than they should be and tax don't even get me started. I probably spend more money than I should because I have no idea about correct change. 

So let's get to budgeting I understand that you write on the left-hand side all the expenses and on the right hand you need to write numbers with a $ sign in front of the numbers that part is all ok the problem is when you add up the numbers, this part I have NO CLUE is this bad? 

My neighbour's first child a little Girl Nana has started Kindergarten and has to do some maths homework and the first thing I said to Yumi was you can do Nana's maths homework and I will do the English. Yumi laughed and said she is in KINDERGARTEN and I went oh yeah. 

Does anyone have this problem too? 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Exercises I do at home that are way too EASY!