MY life with lupus nephritis





Hey Readers, 


So I have a rare form of kidney disease called Lupus Nephritis it is an immune/inflammation disease in basic English it means that my immune system doesn't realise that kidneys are really mine and attack them.

So it's an invisible disease most of the time you would not realise I was sick because I look healthy. I was diagnosed 2 years ago in July 2016 I had been overseas to spend some much-needed time with family in Ireland and then went to Scotland to meet some family friends. 


Since then I have learnt to read my body and have remained extra vigilant, before this I was not fluent in what my body was telling me and to be honest I didn't really care about enough as I should have. I was at the gym which I still am, but I wouldn't eat before I went to the gym which now is a massive NO NO in my books. If I had the slightest pain that above manageable with a hot water bottle then it was painkillers all the way. 

Now since being diagnosed, there are no more painkillers I had to give them up so it has made me have a higher tolerance for pain. I also have to be careful not to get a fever although those seem to be a lot more frequent but such is life. last year I had a fever of 38.8 degrees which meant that I was on mandatory rest for 1 week now that was annoying. Also, I have to have 3 rest days from training which at the beginning used to drive me insane but now I am used to it and it's not too bad it has its perks. 

So this week is a NO training week because yesterday I wasn't feeling well so I went to the doctor as you do. Because I had lost a lot of weight in a small amount of time I needed the advice from a health professional and so I went to my GP well one of them I have 2 that I go to regularly. So anyway I was waiting in the waiting room I should learn by now to bring snacks with me because it's ALWAYS a long wait. 

So I went to the doctor and I told her my symptoms and that I wanted to go to a dietician, She said no from what you are telling me, we need to investigate this situation further before I give you a referral I need you to go to the pathologist and we are going to do an FKD (functional Kidney test) basically its a urine and blood test or my routine test that I have done pretty regularly. So I have had that done and get my results in 2 days but this means no exercise this week but it only means that I can get Mcdonalds hahaha and eat more food!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Exercises I do at home that are way too EASY!